Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A young Sailors Diary

Dear Diary,

I was tiered from a day of walking. I was a fourteen year old girl who loved the sea ever since my uncle had took me on his small ferriboat. I was running away from home beacause my parents or anybody else would'nt let me be a sailor beacause I was a girl. Heavey bags were slug over my shoulders as I walked through the dusty mist on a hot summer Saturday. I was going to be a stoy away on the next ship that set sail. I had packed in my bags dozens of cans of beens and Jerky, a plate with, old utencils, a cup, two cans of jucie, milk, and a pack of napkins. I also brought things like vitamins, skin lotin, a hairbrush and a toothbrush with toothpowder.

[clothes]

I wanted to remember my family so I took some picktures and a painting of my mother. I was hoping that I would not get caught but if I did I might be needed as a sailor so I brought along a blanket and a pillow. Oh, and the most important thing I brought was a diary. I finnally jumped on to the boat. I hid quickly in a diny boat that was on deck for repairs. I heard the captin talking about how old the diny was. It was hot under the Burlap Cloth that covered the diny. The Ship set sail. A month later, the men were repairing the dingy and they found me. I tried to explain to the captin but he just said that woemen on a ship were a nucince, a jinx, and just bad luck. I pleaded for him not to take me home untill he finnally gave up. He tried me out as a sailor. I knew everthig about sailing. I also knew that someday any women could sail as she pleased. And it happened.

2 comments:

  1. This is well-researched. The food-stuffs, fabrics and dental hygiene products seem historically accurate.

    ReplyDelete